Saturday, March 6, 2010

Contrasts



My Dad and I spent the afternoon yesterday stuck in a traffic jam between Marseilles and Aix, after dropping off Maurice the Renault and picking up Leon. Leon's the newest member of our rented automotive family. He's Spanish,but just like Diesel Liesel, I think his Mom is German. Leon's pretty quiet, but I think he's going to fit right in.

Bill, traveling in Morocco with our friend Sean, spent the day on a camel on the sands of the Sahara. Wearing cool blue turbans.

Dad and I definitely had the cooler day.

1 comment:

  1. Launa, my dear Launa, you know that I love you. I want you to know that I am ALL about hanging and agreeing with my women friends. Women power! Wife power! When in doubt, the woman is right.

    But today, on this one minor point, I must disagree with you. I think Bill had the cooler day on the camels. Well, it might have been hotter because of the desert sand and sun - but cooler in the vernacular street-wise sense of the word...

    Seriously, what fun photos of him! So glad he is doing well. I am glad you and your dad survived your rental car experience. And I hope you and your parents are able to find activities that are more fun than exchanging cars and sitting in traffic!!!

    ReplyDelete